Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Enterprise Cancelled

I know this is old news but felt I should say something.

It figures that UPN would cancel the only show I watch on their network-- Star Trek: Enterprise. If they were going to cancel this show they really should have done it during either the first or second season, where the majority of the episodes were pointless. I thoroughly enjoyed the third season, and the fourth season has been even better. Unlike previous seasons, the fourth has been tying up loose ends and integrating it self rather well with Star Trek canon (at least from my view, but more zealous Trekkies may disagree). I know I'm going to keep watching until the final episode on May 13.

With Enterprises', as well as UPN's, ratings being lower than expectations I guess something had to give. There are also rumours that certain actor(s) on the show were not happy with their character(s), and the show overall. It looks like the Star Trek franchise's future is quite grim-- with the disappointing box office from the last movie, Nemesis, and now this.

Click here for the official announcement.

No comments: