Thursday, February 17, 2005

Naruto Licensed

It is kind of a bittersweet thing when your favorite anime series gets licensed by a North American distributor. On the plus side, more people will be able to enjoy the series, and you will get a chance to own it on DVD. On the other hand, the dubbers tend to take liberties on the translation and rename characters-- not to mention the fact that most websites will no longer post torrent files for licensed series'.

Naruto has been officially licensed. For me this is more of a bad than good thing because:

A) Naruto is the only anime I've really been able to "get into".
B) Cartoon Network isn't available in my area.
C) I have watched every episode to date, and would have to wait approximately 4-5 seasons to wait for the North American release to catch up to where I left-off.

I guess I could always try getting into another series. I am open to suggestions! Leave them in the comments below!

2 comments:

ZayZayEM said...

I feel your pain...

Whats worth is that I'm not on that continent which means anything from a 1 to 10 year wait for culture delay.

On the plus I do go to Japan in few months, I'll have to rabbit out a lot of back episodes (I was only up to 53).

ZayZayEM said...

errr... Worse not Worth